2017, newspaper ads on canvas, luminous paint, neon lights
120cm x 100cm , 48 x 40 inch
- Description: The definition of inheritance is the transfer of materials, tangible or otherwise, to other counterparts. It is inevitable that the process of an inheritance may generate other issues, thus diverting it towards a more extensive phenomenon. As a young adult with dual citizenships, I have faced many challenges with regards to my parents’ expectations within the spectrum of education and nationality. All the questions and thoughts are concealed within the gesture of writing in luminous paint. The contrast in education systems and parents’ expectations compels me to reconsider my identity – what is my origin and what will I bring with me into my future?
- Packaging and Delivery Fee is excluded. Fee will apply on top of the purchased price.
- The work comes with neon light tubes and the installation of the neon lights. The installation fee is excluded.
- exhibited at Gajah Gallery group exhibition, "The New Now"
- featured by Hongkong's Ocula art news and website
- featured by Culture Push in Singapore
- exhibited at Shuan Gallery, "一室一件" Singapore
- featured by Altiba9 Contemporary Art Magazine Issue #1, Barcelona, Spain
If you would like to request for cancellation of delivery or return of the artwork purchased, please email us at email@example.com within 7 days of receiving your artwork or before the work has arrived your destination, stating your reason for wishing to return the artwork as well as the collection date and address. Our team will look through the request and discuss with the artist.
Once the artist has agreed to the resolution, please print out this email and include it with the artwork being returned. We will refund your purchase after the artist has received and checked the artwork undamanged. We will do everything we can to process refunds quickly, but please allow up to 10 working days. Thank you for your consideration.